Scenario Planning Analysis
- Review and analyze all available pro forma and municipal budget documents
- Extract building “typologies” as referenced by an urban design team as a template “menu” for the design alternatives, in real time during a charrette process
- Create projections for varying urban design scenarios and the associated tax revenues based on a 5, 10, 20-year redevelopment horizon
- Produce Tax Increment Financing (TIF) district analysis projections
- Identify the net municipal revenue impact of private development resulting from resulting from adjacent public infrastructure investment
Both cities and developers want to understand the potential value of new development. Through our analysis, our clients are able to quantify and visualize the impact of various development scenarios proposed by urban designers or architects, or through market analyses. We also enable our municipal clients to make informed infrastructure investments. Our work helps cities understand the long game: how will new transit, improved streets or bicycle and pedestrian facilities create more tax revenue? For developers, having hard data on the value add of a new real estate project can be invaluable during negotiations with cities and counties, and help assuage local concerns during public input sessions.